🚗 Community Open House Regarding Upcoming Road Improvements in QC 🚙
Residents are invited to learn more about roadway improvement projects leading to Better Roads Ahead in Queen Creek.
Roadway improvements continue to be a priority for the Town of Queen Creek. With several upcoming projects beginning construction and in the design phase, the Town of Queen Creek is hosting a community open house on Tuesday, Dec. 5 from 6-7 p.m at Historic Town Hall, 22350 S. Ellsworth Road in the Founders’ Room.
The following Town projects will be discussed at the open house:
- Crismon Road – Queen Creek to Germann: The project consists of paving, curb and gutter to extend Crismon Road north from Queen Creek Road to Germann Road with one lane in each direction and bike lanes; it will also include intersection and streetlight improvements. Construction is underway, and anticipated to be complete spring 2018.
- Ellsworth & Queen Creek Intersection (Phase 2): Realignment and softening of the Ellsworth Road curve at the Queen Creek Road intersection. The intersection will shift slightly north to improve traffic flow and movement. The project will complete the third southbound lane between Fulton Parkway and Walnut Road, provide turn lanes to improve traffic flow and includes signal upgrade to enhance safety. The project includes pavement, curb, turn lanes, drainage, irrigation, waterline, sidewalk, and landscape improvements from Walnut Road to Fulton Parkway, and 600 feet east on Queen Creek Road. Utility relocation is underway with roadway construction anticipated to begin in early 2018.
- Power Road – Brooks Farm to Ocotillo: Widening Power Road to three lanes in each direction with a center turn lane, curb, gutter and sidewalks. The project will also include utility undergrounding, street lights, bike lanes, irrigation improvements and construction of a box culvert crossing at the Sonoqui Wash. Construction is anticipated to begin in early 2018.
- Riggs Road – Power to Hawes: Completed by Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT), the project includes widening the roadway and drainage improvements. Construction is anticipated to be complete in fall 2018.
- Riggs Road – Ellsworth to Meridian: Completed in two sections, the first section from Ellsworth to Crismon is under construction by MCDOT, and anticipated to be complete spring 2018. Section two, from Crismon to Meridian, will be a Town construction project, with utility relocation anticipated to begin spring 2018 and construction fall 2018.
- Rittenhouse Road – Village Loop North to Riggs: Currently in design, the project will widen Rittenhouse Road. The project requires widening the bridge over the Queen Creek Wash, which cannot be completed until the Riggs Road extension, currently underway, is complete to use as an alternate route.
Investing in Queen Creek creates a stronger community. For more information about the Town’s capital improvement program visit QueenCreek.org/BetterRoadsAhead. To receive weekly traffic alerts, sign up for eNotifications on the Town’s website. To stay updated on news and events follow the Town on Facebook.com/QueenCreek and Twitter.com/TOQC_official.
Constance Halonen-Wilson, Public Information Officer