The law requires you call before you dig to prevent unnecessary damage to utility lines and to protect your safety.
Arizona Blue Stake
Maricopa County: 602-263-1100
How to prevent damage when excavating:
- Identify where you want to dig.
- Call Arizona Blue Stake.
- Arizona Blue Stake notifies utility companies with your request.
- Utility companies will respond to your request within 2 days.
- Check your dig site before digging to make sure no utilities are in that area.
- Blue Stake markings are valid for 15 working days.
- If markings are destroyed for any reason, you must re-contact Arizona Blue Stake to get the site re-marked.