The Parks and Recreation Master Plan 2018 was approved by Town Council in May 2018.
Master Plan Updates
Town Council approved the final version of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan Update at the May 16, 2018 meeting.
Town Council reviewed and provided feedback on the ROUGH DRAFT at the April 19 meeting.
The Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee reviewed the ROUGH DRAFT and provided feedback to be included in the Final Draft of the plan at their April 11 meeting.
A presentation was given to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee on Council's feedback from their March 1 meeting and to discuss levels of service at the March 7 meeting.
A presentation was given to the Town Council on a preliminary recommendation for park locations and included amenities, and a costs and revenues report at the March 1 meeting.
A presentation was given to the Town Council on the history, public interaction, outreach efforts, resident feedback, and park/amenity options at the February 15 meeting.
PLAN*et held a Public Input Workshop for the Parks and Recreation Master Plan Update project on January 19 at the QC Library from 6-8 p.m.
A presentation was given to the Town Council on the PRAC recommended LOS at the Dec 21 meeting.
On December 13, the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee (PRAC) reviewed, discussed, and voted on the Level of Service (LOS) recommendation provided by PLAN*et for the Town's Parks and Recreation Master Plan. PLAN*et will be presenting the PRAC recommended LOS as an item for discussion at the December 21 Town Council meeting.
PLAN*et held the Community Education Workshop for the Parks and Recreation Master Plan and West Park Site projects on August 6 at the QC Library from 9am-1pm. If you missed the meeting, you can still access the presentation by PLAN*et by clicking here!
The Town Council approved the contract to update and consolidate the the Five Park Master Plan (2007) and the Parks, Trails and Open Space Master Plan (2005) with Plan-et Communities Consulting at the March 16 Town Council Meeting.
Community Focus Groups facilitated by Plan*et were held on May 14 and May 17; the summary of results were presented to PRAC at the June 14 meeting. There were thirteen special interest groups included: sports partners, equestrian groups, teen interest, private recreation providers, HOA management groups, special event/economic development groups, faith-based leaders, education partners, public safety employees, historical preservation interest groups, Boy and Girl Scout leaders, preschool/home-schoolers, and Citizen Leadership alumni
PRAC approved the Community Survey Questions for Plan*et to use in the Parks and Recreation Community Survey; residents were called during the last two weeks of July and asked to participate in this important 10 minute survey. Results were provided at the August 6 Workshop and are available under documents
Current activities include:
- Creation of Master Plan vision, goals, and strategies (created via community input)
- Finalizing the components of the recreation system and connections within it (i.e., trails)
- Development of strategic plan options for meeting future recreation needs and desires with costs
- Developing strategies for recreation programs, administration, maintenance, and funding
Anticipated timeline for the remainder of the plan (updated Aug. 16):
- November - PRAC will review the financing options for the MPU
- December- PRAC will review the Final Draft of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan Update
- January - Town Council will review the finance options for the MPU
- February - Town Council to vote on adoption of the final MPU
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan Overview
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan Focus Group Summaries
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan Community Education Workshop Presentation
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan Community Survey Results Report
Adam Robinson, Recreation Superintendent Recreation Services Division | Town of Queen Creek | Office: 480-358-3715 | Fax: 480-358-3701 | email: adam.robinson@
Alexis Ramirez, Recreation and Communications Analyst | Town of Queen Creek | Telephone: 480-358-3707 | Fax: 480-358-3701 | email: email@example.com | 22350 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 | http://www.queencreek.org
LIVE PLAY LEARN – EXPERIENCE the QC