As required by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) the Town of Queen Creek has developed a Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) and an Annual Report as part of a permitting process required by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ).
The SWMP identifies ways to protect our water resources by focusing on pollution prevention efforts within six federally required elements (also known as Minimum Control Measures):
- Public Education and Outreach
- Public Involvement and Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Activity Stormwater Runoff Control
- Post Construction Stormwater Management in New Development and Redevelopment
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Facilities and Operations