The Town of Queen Creek is in the process of developing a new Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) as part of a permitting process required by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ).
The SWMP will identify ways to protect our water resources by focusing on pollution prevention efforts within six federally required elements (also known as Minimum Control Measures):
- Public Education and Outreach
- Public Involvement and Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Activity Stormwater Runoff Control
- Post Construction Stormwater Management in New Development and Redevelopment
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Facilities and Operations