Spring 2017 Pavement Management Program
The Town of Queen Creek is preparing for the 2017 pavement management program which will include sealcoat applications or asphalt mill (removal) and overlay in various locations. Residents in the service area will receive information via a direct mail postcard/flyer prior to work taking place.
For project information, please contact our project hotline at 480.898.4090.
As the schedule is being developed for the pavement management activities, information will be provided as soon as it becomes available. For residents in the scheduled residential areas, please remember:
- On the day of your scheduled work, your street may be closed to traffic. Application will typically begin at 8:30 a.m. After that time, it is requested that you avoid driving across the wet surface to or from your driveway until the barricades have been removed. This will prevent damage to the mat and black marks in your driveway.
- Street parking is not allowed. If you have vehicles, trailers or other means of transportation parked in the street in front of your property they will need to be removed until your street is completely resurfaced. You will be notified by door hanger 48 hours in advance of the application.
- Driving on wet/uncured sealants can cause damage to the vehicle and to the street surface. The length of time the sealant has to “cure” depends on the temperature and moisture of the air. As long as the weather is warm and dry on this application day, the surface should be ready by end of day. The surface will continue to be somewhat malleable for several days after initial application, which will help work out any overlaps or ridges. However, we do ask that you avoid making sharp turns which result in “pivot” marks. These “pivot” marks will require patching.
- To achieve the best possible results we need to have accessibility to all areas of the street. Low hanging branches block equipment accessibility and may cause damage to the equipment and trees. Please have all landscaping trimmed to curb line and roadway clearance under branches pruned to 10 feet.
- Trash services will NOT be disrupted. The schedule will be planned around trash days.
- Do not drive on the street until the barricades are removed. Refrain from using sprinklers on the day of the sealant application. Water applied during the cure time will prevent the material from bonding properly. Mail service should continue as usual.