Citizen Leadership Institute
Class 7 Education Panel
- Date: 02/13/2018 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: QC Unified School District
20217 E. Chandler Heights Road
- Introduction: Learn about the different types of schools in Queen Creek (public, charter, private, etc.) and hear from education experts on the state of education in Queen Creek.
The QC Citizen Leadership Institute (CLI) is an integral and valuable part of the Queen Creek experience.
This educational program is designed to:
- Present information about important questions facing the Town
- Provide an avenue for residents to help plan the community's future
- Spark an interest in local issues
- Develop a pool of informed residents willing to serve as local leaders on boards, commissions and among their neighbors.
In addition to guest speakers, class sessions feature group discussions, activities, field trips and other topic-related exercises. During the course of the leadership program, participants interact with members of the Town Council, Town staff, local business leaders, neighbors and community members. Participants who complete the leadership program are recognized by the Town Council at a graduation ceremony and are typically considered for future committee appointments and leadership opportunities.
In order to graduate, participants are required to complete the following:
- Attend seven of the 10 class sessions
- Participate in one volunteer activity
- Participate in one class service project
- Attend one Town Council meeting
- Attend one Commission or Committee meeting
By participating in this program, residents learn how their local government works, and how they can participate in the development of their hometown community.
The Citizen Leadership Institute runs annually from September-June. Anyone who lives or works in the Queen Creek area is welcome to attend, however most Town committees require residency in the Town limits in order to qualify for appointment.
Registrations for the Class of 2019 will open August 2018.