The Planning & Zoning Commission advises the Town Council in decisions pertaining to amendments to the General Plan, the Zoning Ordinance and applications for development. The Commission is charged with developing and maintaining the General Plan and submitting the plan and its elements to the Town Council. The Commission also reviews and makes recommendations regarding changes to the General Plan land use map. The Planning Commission hears, reviews and makes recommendations regarding all applications for subdivision site plans, specific plans and phased and conditional use permit applications.
Meeting Time: Second Wednesday of each month. Study Sessions (if scheduled) are held at 6:00 p.m., and Regular Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m.
The Planning Commissioners include:
- Chair: Shaine Alleman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice Chair: Josh Ehmke (email@example.com)
- Commissioner: Steve Sossaman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Alex Matheson (email@example.com)
- Commissioner: Troy Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Lea Spall (email@example.com)
- Commissioner: Jeremy Benson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Watch Planning & Zoning Commission meetings on live stream or recorded at http://queencreek.org/town-hall/town-council/watch-town-council-meetings
To see previews of upcoming cases, please visit the Town's YouTube page.
If you have any questions, please contact Brett Burningham, Planning Administrator.
View The Town Calendar for information about upcoming meeting dates.
Note: To view results and minutes, click on the "All Past" link below to find the meeting you are interested in.
Planning & Zoning Commission - Regular Session
- Date: 03/14/2018 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Location: Community Chambers
20727 E. Civic Parkway
Q, Arizona 85142
- Discussion and Possible Action on the February 6, 2018 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes.
- Discussion and Possible Approval of P17-0157 “William Lyon Homes at Ovation at Meridian Residential Design Review”. William Lyon Homes is requesting approval of eleven (11) new standard plans with three (3) elevations each to be constructed on 780 lots in the Ovation at Meridian gated “active adult” community, located south of the southeast corner of Ocotillo Road and Meridian Road.
- Discussion and Possible Approval of P17-0177 “Hastings Farms Parcels F & G Residential Design Review”. Lennar is requesting approval of eight (8) new standard plans with three (3) elevations each and one (1) new standard plan with four (4) elevations to be constructed on 249 lots in Parcels F and G of the Hastings Farms subdivision, located at the northwest corner of Cloud and Crismon Roads.
- Attachment: Elevations and Floor Plan for Plan 45-7
- Attachment: Elevations and Floor Plan for Plan 4580
- Attachment: Elevations and Floor Plan for Plan 4581
- Attachment: Elevations and Floor Plan for Plan 5080
- Attachment: Elevations and Floor Plan for Plan 5081
- Attachment: Elevations and Floor Plan for Plan 5580
- Attachment: Elevations and Floor Plan for Plan 5582
- Attachment: Elevations and Floor Plan for Plan 6582
- Attachment: Elevations and Floor Plan for Plan 6584
- Attachment: Streetscape
- THIS CASE IS BEING CONTINUED TO THE APRIL 11, 2018 PLANNING COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING.
Discussion and Possible Action on Case P17-0149 “West Park Estates”, a request from Sean Lake, Pew and Lake, to rezone from R1-43 to R1-7, R1-12 and R1-18/Planned Area Development (PAD) for 120 lots on approximately 51 acres located at the northeast and northwest corners of the 196th Street alignment and Ocotillo Road.
- Discussion and Possible Action on Case P17-0127 “Harvest Queen Creek” (formerly Meridian Crossing), a request from Mike Cronin, TerraWest Communities, for a PAD zoning amendment to revise the previously approved Development Plan (Case RZ16-046 with R1-5/PAD zoning) for approximately 414 acres located at the southwest corner of Riggs Road (alignment) and Gary Road (Meridian Road alignment).