The Planning & Zoning Commission advises the Town Council in decisions pertaining to amendments to the General Plan, the Zoning Ordinance and applications for development. The Commission is charged with developing and maintaining the General Plan and submitting the plan and its elements to the Town Council. The Commission also reviews and makes recommendations regarding changes to the General Plan land use map. The Planning Commission hears, reviews and makes recommendations regarding all applications for subdivision site plans, specific plans and phased and conditional use permit applications.
Meeting Time: Second Wednesday of each month. Study Sessions (if scheduled) are held at 6:00 p.m., and Regular Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m.
The Planning Commissioners include:
- Chair: Shaine Alleman (email@example.com)
- Vice Chair: Josh Ehmke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Steve Sossaman (email@example.com)
- Commissioner: Alex Matheson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Troy Young (email@example.com)
- Commissioner: Lea Spall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Jeremy Benson (email@example.com)
Watch Planning & Zoning Commission meetings on live stream or recorded at http://queencreek.org/town-hall/town-council/watch-town-council-meetings
To see previews of upcoming cases, please visit the Town's YouTube page.
If you have any questions, please contact Brett Burningham, Planning Administrator.
View The Town Calendar for information about upcoming meeting dates.
Note: To view results and minutes, click on the "All Past" link below to find the meeting you are interested in.
Planning & Zoning Commission - Regular Session
- Date: 04/11/2018 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Location: Community Chambers
20727 E. Civic Parkway
Queen Creek, Arizona 85142
- Public Hearing and Possible Action on Case P18-0011 “Fulton Homes at Barney Farms PAD Amendment”, a request from Norm Nicholls, of Fulton Homes, for a PAD zoning amendment to revise the previously approved Barney Farm PAD (Case RZ16-043) to allow for an updated development plan with a lake community. This project site is generally bounded by Meridian Road to the east, Queen Creek Road to the south, the Signal Butte Road alignment to the west, and approximately 770 feet south of Germann Road to the north.
- Public Hearing and Possible Action on Cases P17-0134 (PAD Rezone), P17-0137 (Site Plan) and P17-0136 (Conditional Use Permit) “Queen Creek Crossing”, a request from Sean Lake, Pew and Lake, to rezone from R1-43 to C-2 (General Commercial) with a Planned Area Development (PAD) overlay for a commercial shopping center on approximately 36 acres located at the northwest corner of Queen Creek and Ellsworth Roads.
- Public Hearing and Possible Action on Case P17-0149 “West Park Estates”, a request from Sean Lake, Pew and Lake, to rezone from R1-43 to R1-7, R1-12 and R1-18/Planned Area Development (PAD) for 120 lots on approximately 51 acres located at the northeast and northwest corners of the 196th Street alignment and Ocotillo Road.
- Public Hearing and Possible Action on P18-0051 “R1-43 Side Yard Building Setbacks Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment”, a staff initiated text amendment to the Zoning Ordinance, Article 4, Table 4.7-3, Dimensional Standards, to amend side yard building setbacks in the R1-43 zoning district from thirty feet (30’) to twenty feet (20’).