The Planning & Zoning Commission advises the Town Council in decisions pertaining to amendments to the General Plan, the Zoning Ordinance and applications for development. The Commission is charged with developing and maintaining the General Plan and submitting the plan and its elements to the Town Council. The Commission also reviews and makes recommendations regarding changes to the General Plan land use map. The Planning Commission hears, reviews and makes recommendations regarding all applications for subdivision site plans, specific plans and phased and conditional use permit applications.
Meeting Time: Second Wednesday of each month. Study Sessions (if scheduled) are held at 6:00 p.m., and Regular Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m.
The Planning Commissioners include:
- Chair: Shaine Alleman (email@example.com)
- Vice Chair: Josh Ehmke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Steve Sossaman (email@example.com)
- Commissioner: Alex Matheson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Troy Young (email@example.com)
- Commissioner: Lea Spall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Jeremy Benson (email@example.com)
Watch Planning & Zoning Commission meetings on live stream or recorded at http://queencreek.org/town-hall/town-council/watch-town-council-meetings
To see previews of upcoming cases, please visit the Town's YouTube page.
If you have any questions, please contact Brett Burningham, Planning Administrator.
View The Town Calendar for information about upcoming meeting dates.
Note: To view results and minutes, click on the "All Past" link below to find the meeting you are interested in.
Planning & Zoning Commission - Regular Session
- Date: 05/09/2018 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Community Chambers
20727 E. Civic Parkway
Queen Creek, Arizona 85142
- Discussion and Possible Action on the April 11, 2018 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes.
- Discussion and Possible Action on case P18-0048 “Light Sky Ranch Preliminary Plat Extension” a request by Jackie Guthrie, of EPS Group, for a Preliminary Subdivision Plat Extension as originally approved by Town Council on June 4, 2014 (Case SD13-037). This project is located on the southeast corner of Crismon Road and Queen Creek Road.
- Public Hearing and Possible Action on “Pecan Lakes Planned Area Development (Case P17-0188) and Minor General Plan Amendment (Case P18-0011)”, a request from Lonnie McCleve, for a Planned Area Development and a Minor General Plan Amendment for a master planned development which includes commercial, residential, church, and Agritainment uses. This project site is generally located west of the northwest corner of Ellsworth Road and Riggs Road, east of the Horseshoe Park and Equestrian Centre.
- Public Hearing and Possible Action on Cases P17-0178, P17-179 and P17-0180 “USA Youth Fitness Center”, a request from Michael Naddour, USA Youth Fitness Center, for a Minor General Plan Amendment from Low Density Residential (LDR) to Commercial Services (CS) (P17-0178), a Rezone from R1-43 (Rural Estates) to C-2 (General Commercial) (P17-0178), and Site Plan approval (P17-0180) for a youth fitness facility on a portion (3.5 acres) of a 6.8 acre (approx.) site located 451 feet (approx.) south of the southwest corner of the E. Cloud Road alignment and Ellsworth Road.
- Discussion and Possible Approval on P17-0128 “Harvest Queen Creek Preliminary Plat”, a request from, Michael Cronin, TerraWest Communities, for approval of a Preliminary Plat for approximately 414 acres located at the southwest corner of Riggs Road (alignment) and Gary Road (Meridian Road alignment).
- Discussion and Possible Approval on P17-0100 “Malone Place Parke Preliminary Plat”, a request from John Gray, Bowman Consulting Group, for approval of a Preliminary Plat for a 231 lot subdivision with a 11.5 acre commercial corner on approximately 81 acres located on the northwest corner of Ocotillo and Meridian Roads.
- Discussion and Possible Approval of P18-0043, “Meridian North LDS Church Meetinghouse Site Plan”, a request by Jason Fowers for approval of a Major Site Plan for a new 16,443 square foot LDS Church Meetinghouse, located north of the northwest corner of Meridian Road and Ocotillo Road.