The Planning & Zoning Commission advises the Town Council in decisions pertaining to amendments to the General Plan, the Zoning Ordinance and applications for development. The Commission is charged with developing and maintaining the General Plan and submitting the plan and its elements to the Town Council. The Commission also reviews and makes recommendations regarding changes to the General Plan land use map. The Planning Commission hears, reviews and makes recommendations regarding all applications for subdivision site plans, specific plans and phased and conditional use permit applications.
Meeting Time: Second Wednesday of each month. Study Sessions (if scheduled) are held at 6:00 p.m., and Regular Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m.
The Planning Commissioners include:
- Chair: Shaine Alleman (email@example.com)
- Vice Chair: Josh Ehmke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Steve Sossaman (email@example.com)
- Commissioner: Alex Matheson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Troy Young (email@example.com)
- Commissioner: Lea Spall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commissioner: Jeremy Benson (email@example.com)
Watch Planning & Zoning Commission meetings on live stream or recorded at http://queencreek.org/town-hall/town-council/watch-town-council-meetings
To see previews of upcoming cases, please visit the Town's YouTube page.
If you have any questions, please contact Brett Burningham, Planning Administrator.
View The Town Calendar for information about upcoming meeting dates.
Note: To view results and minutes, click on the "All Past" link below to find the meeting you are interested in.
Planning & Zoning Commission - Regular Session
- Date: 09/12/2018 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: Community Chambers
20727 E. Civic Parkway
Queen Creek, Arizona 85142
- Public Hearing and Possible Action on Case P18-0133 “Germann 516 (AKA LDS Church Property) Rezone”, a request from the Town of Queen Creek, to rezone approximately 516 acres from R1-54 (General Rural Development District) to R1-5 (Urban Development District), C-2 (General Commercial), and HDR (High Density Residential) located on the west side of Ironwood Drive between Germann Road, Pima Road, and the Meridian Road alignment.
- Public Hearing and Possible Action on Case P18-0139, “Gerber Collision at Power Marketplace PAD Amendment” a request from Ralph Pew, Pew & Lake, PLC on behalf of the Queen Creek Power Marketplace, LLC, for a Planned Area Development (PAD) amendment to the Power Marketplace development (Ordinance 334-06) to remove a condition of approval that restricts the number of automotive related uses, located on Business Park Road between Germann Road and Rittenhouse Road in the Business Park at Power Marketplace.
- Public Hearing and Possible Action on P18-0095 “Town Property Rezone (North of Post Office)”, a staff-initiated rezoning of three Town-owned parcels totaling approximately 2.12 acres from R1-43 (Rural Estate) and C-1 (Light Commercial) to C-2 (General Commercial) to facilitate the development of future office and commercial uses. The three (3) properties are generally located approximately 900 feet south of the southwest corner of Ellsworth Loop & Ocotillo Roads, directly north of the Queen Creek United States Post Office.
- Discussion and Possible Approval of P18-0121, “Ranch LDS Church Meetinghouse Site Plan”, a request by Jason Fowers for approval of a Major Site Plan for a new 20,859 square foot LDS Church Meetinghouse, located at the northwest corner of Crismon Road and Queen Creek Road.
Items for Discussion: