Do More Blue at the QC Recycles Drop-off Event on Nov. 9
On Saturday, Nov. 9 the Town of Queen Creek will host a recycling event to celebrate America Recycles Day from 8 a.m. to noon. The event will be held at the Town’s Field Operations Facility located at 19715 S. 220th Street (located on 220th Street, north of Queen Creek Road).
The recycling drop-off event is being offered in partnership with Right Away Disposal (RAD) for residents who receive Town trash and recycling services; participants must bring a current copy of their Town of Queen Creek utility bill (hardcopy or electronic).
Queen Creek residents are invited to drop off a variety of materials at the recycling event. The following items will be accepted:
- Electronics- computers and computer keyboards, monitors, hard drives, power cords, televisions, VCRs, etc.
- Metals- steel, copper, aluminum
- Appliances- refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, washers and dryers
- Document shredding- up to five boxes per vehicle - items from commercial businesses will not be accepted.
- Paint- latex or acrylic paint in original containers (containers cannot exceed five gallons). No oil-based, aerosol or commercial paint.
Items accepted in your curbside recycling cart such as aluminum cans, plastic water bottles and cardboard boxes can be taken to the Queen Creek Recycle Center on Ellsworth Road, just north of Crewse Lane.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) items will not be accepted at the Nov. 9 event. The Town partners with the Town of Gilbert to offer free HHW vouchers to Town of Queen Creek residents. Items such as oil, chemicals and rechargeable batteries should never be placed in curbside trash or recycling carts. Vouchers can be requested online, and other disposal resources can be found on the Town’s website.
Constance Halonen-Wilson, Public Information Officer