Give Back to your Community this Holiday Season by Shopping Local
The holiday season is all about giving, and shopping local gives back to your community. When you shop and dine in Queen Creek, you support community programs and services such as parks, recreation programs, roadway improvements and public safety. Staying local keeps your tax dollars in Queen Creek, helping the local economy.
The Town is also encouraging residents to participate in Small Business Saturday on Saturday, Nov. 30.
To help increase awareness of local businesses and the benefits of shopping local, the Town offers a Shop Queen Creek program. To register your Queen Creek business in the Shop QC program, complete an online registration form at QueenCreek.org/ShopQC. There is no cost to join and benefits include a listing on the Town’s website, promotional support through the Town’s social media channels and access to a variety of marketing and promotional opportunities. Businesses must be in the Town limits and/or be a member of the Queen Creek Chamber of Commerce.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) District 6 - Queen Creek encourages residents to stay alert while shopping.
• Bring only the cash and credit cards you need. Keep cash separate from ID and credit cards.
• Be alert! Your purse or wallet may be a target in crowded shopping areas. Be wary of those creating distractions.
• Limit the use of cell phones and other devices when in public areas—your awareness level is compromised.
• Use ATMs located in well-lit areas and only withdraw the amount of cash you need.
• Protect your PIN by shielding the ATM keypad and do not throw your ATM receipt away.
• Always lock your car and store items out of sight. Don’t leave valuables in your car.
• If shopping at night, park in well-lit areas. Always be aware of your surroundings.
• When shopping online, only do business with companies you know and only shop at secure websites.
• Check your credit card and bank statements regularly for fraudulent use; report any fraudulent charges to your bank, the credit bureaus and law enforcement.
With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it is an important time to remember to slow down, avoid distractions and use common courtesy so you can drive to arrive.
With the variety of local retail and restaurant options available, shopping Queen Creek has never been easier! Help invest in your community and support neighborhood businesses by staying in Queen Creek to make your purchases. Not only does shopping local support the Town, it also supports your local businesses, so while you’re out shopping, give the gift of your business to Queen Creek this holiday season.
Constance Halonen-Wilson, Public Information Officer