How would you escape if there was a fire in your home?
Use this home escape plan to create a strategy for your family during a time of crisis.
How to draw a basic escape plan for your home:
1. Show all doors and windows.
2. Mark two ways out of each room.
3. Mark the locations of the smoke alarms.
4. Plan for each member of the family, including babies and toddlers who might be unable to escape on their own.
How to use your home escape plan:
1. Discuss your home escape plan with your family. Practice your plan at least twice a year.
2. Pick a family meeting place outside where everyone can meet.
3. Remind your family to get out fast and crawl low to the ground in smoke.
4. Assign one family member to go to a neighbor's house to call the Fire Department.
5. Don't go back inside once you're out. Make sure every family member stays out and wait for the Fire Department.