Thank you for considering employment with the Town of Queen Creek.
The Human Resources Division (HR) hires, develops and retains a competent, committed and diverse workforce to provide high quality and cost-effective services to Queen Creek residents. We accomplish our mission by partnering the people with the organization and honor the following guiding principles:
- Employees are the Town's most important resource.
- People issues are handled with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Our service is driven by integrity, professionalism and commitment to the employee's values.
- We role model excellence in teamwork, customer service and administration.
An important component to the recruitment process is keeping all applicants informed regarding the status of their online application. For most positions, the recruitment process takes approximately 4-8 weeks.
Status and Eligibility Notification
Patience during the process is important- calling the HR office will not expedite the status of your application. The Town only accepts online applications and is dedicated to thorough consideration of all applications. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.
- After applying online, job applicants will receive an instant e-mailed notification of receipt.
- Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligibility list.
- Eligibility lists usually expire one year from the date the position closes.
- Human Resources reserves the right to extend the life of an eligibility list or expire the list early.
Interview Selection and Notification
Applications are screened in relation to the position criteria stated in the job announcement. A HR Representative will send an email or call only the applicants (from the eligibility list) they select to interview. If selected for an interview, additional requirements in the recruitment process may include a skill-based assessment, an oral presentation, or practical exercise related to the position. After an interview, candidates will be notified of their status by e-mail.
Tips for Job Applicants
- Details are important. Answer all requested information completely and accurately. Put N/A (not applicable) if the question does not pertain to you.
- Do not state “see attached resume” on an application. The Town requires applications to be completed as thoroughly as possible.
- A resume is not in lieu of the application.
- The application should include all information on the resume if a resume is attached.
- A resume is only required when noted on the job posting.
- Always check for spelling and grammatical errors.
- List most recent job and educational activity first.
- Provide professional (business/work-related) references and ensure you have their permission. Do not list family or relatives.
- If you held more than one position within one company, please list all positions and duties on the application.
- Update your online application per job application.
- Allow sufficient time to complete the entire online application process before the closing date and time listed on the job posting.
Change of Address, Phone Number or E-mail Address
If you have a change in address, phone number or e-mail address, log in to your account and edit your personal profile to ensure necessary changes are made to your records. If we are unable to contact you, your name may be withdrawn from further consideration.