Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018
The community is invited to come out and celebrate Queen Creek’s 29th anniversary at a family-friendly community event in Founders’ Park. The event will feature fun activities, great music and entertainment, pig races, vendors, lawn games, corn-hole tournament, a 4-H zone with equine experiences, a FFA Zone with agricultural experiences, and the Battle of the Badge relay style competitions.
5:00 p.m. Welcome
5:30 p.m. Eating Contests (visit the Main Stage for contest times)
6:15 p.m. Pig Races
7:30 p.m. Battle of the Badge - Fire vs. MCSO
8:15 p.m. Battle of the Badge - Award Presentation
8:30 p.m. Raffle Winners Announced
- $10 All Inclusive Wristband (includes all Battle of the Badge Participant Relays PLUS inflatable/interactive attractions)
Activities and Experiences
- Small Stock Area (chickens, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs)
- Guinea Pig Races
- Agility Dog Demonstrations
- Equine Obstacle Course (barrels, jumps, roping)
Agriculture is more than just farming and ranching. Come visit the FFA Zone to learn more about Arizona agriculture and Queen Creek FFA with some awesome activities to partake in:
- Milk the Cow
- The Buzz on Bees
- Cattle Branding
- Ag Coloring
- And so much more!
|Inflatables & Interactive Attractions (All Inclusive Wristband Required)|
Beginning at 6 p.m., attendees will have the opportunity to pick the winning pig. There will be four pig races; individuals can select the swiftest swine in each of the races. Everyone who picks the winning pig will receive one raffle ticket. Races will be held every 15 minutes with fun activities between each race including seed spitting, pig calling and pig trivia. Swine can be selected up until five minutes before the race begins with the last call for picking the winning pig at 6:55 p.m.
Come and explore the EnviroZone! This is a hands-on, interactive zone, full of fun activities to engage the whole family.
- Imagine eating food you've grown in your pool with Garden Pool's virtual reality display.
- Challenge your friends to a game to learn about Stormwater and Recycling in Queen Creek.
- Learn how to test the air quality in real-time with the Maricopa County Air Quality team.
- Check out the amazing things you might encounter while hiking the trails at San Tan Mountain Regional Park.
- Take a selfie in front of the Desert Horizon Nursery Water-Wise Living Wall.
- Make your mark by adding your own brush strokes to the Preserve the QC mural with Wine & Design.
- Find out what local tastes like with the Queen Creek Olive Mill. Learn how they incorporate sustainability practices into their business.
- Help us build a plastic bag mural and find out how long it would take to decompose.
The Tot Spot is a FREE area within the Founders Day event specifically for those ages 5 and under. There will be two separate play areas: one for ages 0-2 and the other for ages 3-5. This area will include a bounce house and additional activities for the little ones.
Battle of the Badges
Youth are invited to join the Queen Creek Fire & Medical department and the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office for a friendly competition that will be one for the record books (and one for the cameras!)
Teams will compete in various competitions and the winner will take home the trophy (and bragging rights!) Youth participation is limited and registration is a first-come, first-served basis.
Battle of the Bags - Cornhole Tournament
What: 3rd Annual "Battle of the Bags" Corn hole Tournament
Where: Founders' Park, 22407 S. Ellsworth Rd
When: Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018
Check-in / Walk-up Registration / Warm-Up starts at 4:30 p.m.
Battle Bags start Flying at 5:00 p.m.
Who: Participants of all ages are welcome! Players under the age of 18 must have a Release of Liability form signed by a parent/guardian. A maximum of 16 teams will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
Entry Fee: $40 per team
Awards: 1st Place - $100 (Visa Gift Card) & Trophy
2nd Place - $50 (Visa Gift Card)
On-Line Registration: www.kbgamesllc.com/founders-day
In-Person: Registration forms and payment may be dropped off/mailed to the Library Recreation Annex, 21802 S. Ellsworth Road. Checks should be made payable to the Town of Queen Creek.
Details: This is a pool play corn hole tournament (3-game guarantee). Rules and other details will be sent out to all registrants prior to the event.
1. Participants of all ages are welcome! Players under the age of 18 must have a Release of Liability form signed by a parent/guardian.
2. Teams consist of two players per team.
3. Check-in/Walk-up Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 22. The tournament will start at 5:00 p.m.
4. All tournament boards and bags will be provided and set up for you. You may NOT use your own bags or boards - No exceptions.
5. This tournament will be held outside at Founders' Park, 22407 S. Ellsworth Road.
6. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. The first offense: A warning will be issued from a tournament official. The second offense: Forfeiture of the game being played. The third offense: Forfeiture of all tournament games.
7. There is no dress code - team shirts, bare feet, flip flops, whatever you feel comfortable wearing is your prerogative; however, do keep in mind that this is a family-friendly event that will be played outdoors. We suggest checking the weather forecast that morning!
8. Feel free to bring chairs, towels, etc. to make your team comfortable throughout the day. Vendors will be available for purchase on the event grounds, however outside coolers/food/drinks are permitted. No Alcohol Permitted.
Get Involved (Vendors, Sponsors, Volunteers)
Become a Sponsor
Queen Creek event sponsorship opportunities serve as a great way to help market your business and expand upon your community outreach.
For more information regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact Erica Perez at 480-358-3719 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like an opportunity to display or sell your business goods and services? Be sure to reserve your space today.
We are currently seeking volunteers for the Town of Queen Creek's annual Founders' Day event that will take place on Saturday, Sept. 22 at Founders' Park. The event will feature fun activities, great music and entertainment, pig races, vendors, lawn games, corn-hole tournament, a 4-H zone with equine experiences, an FFA Zone with agricultural experiences, and the Battle of the Badge relay style competitions.
The success of Town community events is largely dependent upon the support we receive from our community volunteers. There is much to be done and we need your help! If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up for a time slot and the event coordinator will contact you with further details. Volunteers will be asked to commit to a four or five hour block of time. We will do our best to accommodate all volunteer requests. Volunteer and be part of the excitement at this fun community event!
Parking and Shuttle Service
- Founder's Park, 22407 S. Ellsworth Rd.
- Founder's Park Community Center Lot, 22407 S. Ellsworth Rd.
Shuttle Parking (Free)
- Queen Creek Library, 218802 S. Ellsworth Rd.
- Shuttles will operate between 4:30-10 p.m.