Pet Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Animal Licenses
Get your pet licensed! It's easy and gives you an inexpensive insurance policy for your pet's safety as well as peace of mind should your pet ever get lost.

Thousands of pets find their way into animal care and control centers each year without any form of identification. Unfortunately, without identification it's nearly impossible to reunite them with their families. Purchasing a pet license will ensure that your special companion can be returned home quickly and safely.

The law requires that all dogs over the age of three months have a license and rabies vaccination (the vaccination must be administered by a licensed veterinarian). The law covers all unincorporated areas in Maricopa County, the Town of Queen Creek and all other municipalities within Maricopa County, with the exception of Fountain Hills and Native American reservations.

Maricopa County Animal Care & Control
Phone: 602-506-PETS (7387)

Pinal County Animal Care & Control
Phone: 520-509-3555 or 888-431-1311

Animal Rescue and Care

Desert Cry Wildlife Rescue and Refuge
Phone: 480-987-3544

Never try to raise a wild animal yourself!
Desert Cry Wildlife Rescue and Refuge is a local state licensed wildlife rehabilitation facility. This not-for-profit agency assists with public education, medical care, nutrition and housing of native wildlife. (Wildlife only--please no pets, stray dogs or cats.)