As the Town embarks on multiple road and infrastructure improvement projects over the next few years, our goal is to keep our residents and visitors informed of what projects are happening, where they are located, how these projects impact you and the future of the community, and what you can expect during construction.
The Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) Division is responsible for the design and construction administration of improvements to the Town’s transportation and drainage infrastructure, including streets, culverts, railroad crossings, bridges, trails, and drainage systems as well as new parks and buildings. The capital improvement projects are sometimes joint projects with other municipalities and agencies with shared costs and responsibilities. Town Council identifies and prioritizes current and future capital needs of the community, and direct the CIP Division to implement this vision.
The CIP program implements the Town’s 10-Year Infrastructure Improvement Plan per Council direction. The overall transportation program was established in 2015 and approved by Council. The transportation program can be viewed here: Transportation Presentation - 2015
CURRENT IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- Riggs Road - Recker to Meridian Roads
- Riggs Road - Ellsworth to Meridian Roads
- Ellsworth and Queen Creek Road Intersection
- Power Road - Brooks Farm to Ocotillo Road
- Ocotillo Road - Hawes to Sossaman Roads
- Ocotillo Road - Signal Butte to Ironwood Roads
- Meridian Road - Combs to Germann Roads
- Meridian Road - Germann Road to SR24
- Power Road - Brooks Farm to Chandler Heights Roads
- Queen Creek Road - Ellsworth to Crismon Roads
- Queen Creek Road and Signal Butte Road Intersection
- Rittenhouse Road - 213th Street to Riggs Road
- Chandler Heights Road - Power Road to Via Del Arroyo
- Chandler Heights Road - Recker to Power Roads
ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- Sonoqui Wash Channel
- Queen Creek Corporation Yard - Design and Phase 1
- Fire Station 4
- East Park Sports Complex
Capital Improvements Projects (CIP) progress through multiple stages through the design and construction process. These stages are:
- The Preliminary Concept Stage consisting of initial project planning, scoping, cost estimating, scheduling and funding allocation.
- The Design Stage consisting of engineering design, construction document and project specifications preparation, and land (right of-way and easement) acquisition (when necessary). Design teams are selected based on professional knowledge and qualification to provide the Town the best value.
- The Bid Stage, where the Town advertises the project and requests bid submissions from contractors and vendors. Bids received are opened in public and read aloud for transparency. The Bid stage ends when Town Council approves and executes the construction contract.
- The Construction Stage begins once a contract has been executed. Construction involves physically building and installing the required improvements such as a building, pavement, sidewalk or landscape. Construction can be new facilities or a renovation. This stage includes construction, punch list work and final record drawings preparation.
- The Post-Construction Stage begins follows the construction stage. This stage includes any warranty work and the project closeout.
For more details about Capital Improvement Projects, please contact our project hotline at 480.898.4090.
For more information about our Capital Improvement Program, contact Troy White, Public Works Director at 480-358-3746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit questions or comments about this project visit our Capital Improvement Project Feedback Page.