CURRENT STAGE: CONSTRUCTION
Scheduled Construction Completion: September 2019.
This project was separated into two phases to accommodate the construction completion of Old Ellsworth Road and Walnut Road during the Queen Creek Middle School’s 2017 summer break. Phase 1 construction is complete and consisted of improvements to Ellsworth Road and Old Ellsworth Road from just north of the UPRR tracks to just south of Queen Creek Road. Improvements included paving, drainage, curb and gutter, sidewalk, landscaping, street lights, waterline and sewer improvements. The work included construction of a cul-de-sac turnaround and public parking near the school/San Tan Historical Society, and museum, and realigning Walnut Road to provide safer travel movements in the area.
Phase 2 involves improvements to Ellsworth Road from Walnut Road to Fulton Parkway and to Queen Creek Road 1/8 mile east of Ellsworth Road. These improvements include:
- Realignment and softening of the Ellsworth Loop/Ellsworth Road curve at the Queen Creek Road intersection to improve traffic flow and movement
- Street improvements to widen Ellsworth Road to three lanes in each direction from Walnut Road to Fulton Parkway
- Drainage, irrigation and waterline improvements
- Sidewalk and landscape improvements
- Traffic signal improvements
- In conjunction with the Town project, adjacent private development is constructing certain offsite improvements along Ellsworth Road that will result in three lanes of through traffic each way, median with turn lanes, bike lane and sidewalks on Ellsworth Road from Fulton Parkway to Germann Road and Queen Creek Road improvements eastward one-eighth mile.
CURRENT TRAFFIC IMPACT
Ellsworth Road is now fully open to traffic.
FUTURE TRAFFIC IMPACTS
Some final work for street light installation will take place in October and some temporary lane closures will take place as a result.
Final striping and pavement marking took place in early September. Coordination with adjacent construction underway at Germann Road is complete. Final signing, street light installation and traffic signal completion is underway. Signing adjustments at Fulton Pkwy and Terravella Way will be occurring in October. Landscape related work by the San Tan Historical Society and Museum is occurring out of the roadway. Queen Creek Road restrictions due to adjacent development work is in place east of Ellsworth Road and will be through October.
No public meetings are currently scheduled.
For more details about this project, please contact our project hotline at 480.898.4090.
For more information about our Capital Improvement Program, contact Troy White, Public Works Director at 480-358-3746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit questions or comments about this project visit our Capital Improvement Project Feedback Page.