Holiday Collection Notification
The week of the Fourth of July, the following zones will be affected:
- Zone 2 - Wednesday's Service day will occur Thursday, July 5
- Zone 3- Thursday's Service day will occur Friday, July 6
- Bulk Trash Collection Zone 1- Service day will occur Thursday, July 5
To determine your collection day, find your neighborhood on the map below. Note that areas in white are not in the Town limits and will not receive service. Scheduled collection days are determined by zones. Both trash (sandstone-colored cart) and recycling (blue cart) are picked up on the same day each week. One bulk pick-up per month is included in your rate.
Special EventsThe Town hosts a variety of special events throughout the year for residents to learn about recycling and contribute to the environmental and sustainability efforts of the Town.
- Christmas Tree Recycling Drop Off (January)
- Electronic Waste / Appliance Drop Off (January)
- QC Recycles for Earth Day (April)
- America Recycles Day (November)
Trash and recycling services have four holidays within the year that collection services will be affected.
Independence Day- Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Thanksgiving Day- Thursday, November 22, 2018
Christmas Day- Tuesday, December 25, 2018
New Year's Day- Tuesday, January 1, 2019
If your service day falls on one of the above listed holidays, then you will receive service the following day. The rest of the week following the holiday is also pushed ahead one day, with Thursday's customers being serviced on Friday.
Holidays such as Memorial Day, Labor Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day and Veterans Day are not affected.